NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) AtrkNEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)

PageantologyHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

Pageantology Points : 1250
Pageantology Reputation : 0

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Empty
PostSubject: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:54 pm

2014 MISS EARTH News / Photos / Videos / TV - As Seen In
Click share and tweet!
#MissEarth
#MissTierra

Last edited by ClubEarthology on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:05 pm

JAN

BAHAMAS 2013: A YEAR IN REVIEW WITH VANDIA SANDS
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 260cs4o
TheBahamasWeekly.com has once again selected Bahamians to canvas their opinions on highlights of The Bahamas over the year 2013, as well as ask about the direction of the country. Their comments will be shared over the coming weeks.

Through this exchange we hope to also highlight Bahamians in our community, and share their personal triumphs, that may or may not have made the news.

Here is the opinion of Vandia Sands, Miss Earth Bahamas:

1) What event do you feel was the most important for the Bahamas in 2013?

One event that was important to the Bahamas in 2013 was the celebration of the Women's Suffrage Movement during our 40th Anniversary. Women from across the political divide were recognized and honored for fighting for the rights of women to vote. This period was significant to me because it sparked the discussion on the elimination of all discrimination against women.

2) Who passed away this year that you feel will be 'most missed' and why?

P. Anthony White! Mr. White was a prolific writer who assisted in prepping me for my first local pageant. His death was such a shock, because although my first encounter with him was early summer, it was only a few months later that I found out while competing at an international pageant, that he had passed away. He will be missed by the Bahamian community, not only because he was one of the greatest literary geniuses, but also because he was such a jovial person. He agreed to help me with no hesitation, and I appreciated that about him.

3) Who was the most inspirational/influential Bahamian in 2013 and why?

My brother Leevan 'Superman' Sands! He is such a phenomenal patriot and an astounding brother, father, husband and son. Leevan is an Olympic athlete who fell short to injury during the 2012 London Olympics. This was devastating to his family and many thought that that incident was detrimental to his career, but he persevered through rehab and therapy and now he's stronger than ever and ready to get back to business! I've watched him during this hiatus and he did not complain, he remained the humble individual that he has always been, and worked tirelessly around the clock. His tenacious grip on his dream and purpose motivated and empowered me to live in my purpose, and propelled me to be patriotic to our country.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 2mn5hk4
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:08 pm

JAN

LOVE, CROWN AND BEAUTY
She did not win the national crown but it seems like it. Having been the 2nd runner up Miss France 2013 gave her the opportunity to represent France in the Miss Earth 2013 competition in the Philippines and later on discover Mauritius where she fell in love with the islands.

Staying at the lux hotel Grand-Gaube, Sophie Garénaux is enjoying of every minute her stay in Mauritius.  "I have a special relationship with your island. There is the climate, beautiful scenery, good food and the people but that's not all. I love the energy your beautiful country is giving off", she said. Sophie and her boyfriend Sébastien are currently in vacation discovering every corner of the archipelago.

"I have an uncle living here in Quatre-Bornes. Through him, I learned a lot about your country".

Then there was this very pleasant meeting made two months ago in the Philippines during the Miss Earth 2013 competition, While there, Sophie crossed paths with Mauritian contestant Virginie Dorza with she soon discovers they have a lot in common. Thus began a long and beautiful friendship. Moreover, a reunion is scheduled while staying in the country.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) ?c=isi&im=%2F6231%2F85446231%2Fpics%2F3190212889_2_2_3DrOVoSJ
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:09 pm

JAN

MISS EARTH CHINA JOIN HANDS WITH CHILD STAR ZHU JIAYU FOR CHARITY AUCTION
"Star Child" exhibition and charity auction was held at The Bund in Shanghai on Sunday afternoon. Child star Zhu Jiayu of "Little Daddy" and Miss Earth China 2013 Lisa Xiang was there to help out with the festivities.

All the proceeds collected was donated to Qing Cong Quan Autism Children Health Center.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Img393833855
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:11 pm

JAN

FLORIDA TECH STUDENT PLACES IN MISS TURKEY, MISS EARTH CONTESTS
Surfing the web in her apartment before finals last April, Ezgi Avci noticed an online ad seeking contestants for the Miss Turkey national beauty pageant.

Sure, Avci’s grandmother had always encouraged her to give a pageant a shot when she was a girl in Istanbul. But she had never been interested.

This time, the Florida Tech junior thought, “All right, I’ll try.”

Eight whirlwind months later, on the far side of the globe, Avci was battling stage fright at a palace in the Philippines. The pageant rookie was representing her home country in the Miss Earth contest, and she was about to strut across a stage modeling a green bikini — in front of television cameras beaming live footage to more than 50 countries around the world.

“I was so nervous doing the swimsuit catwalk. We were walking on a bridge over a pool — and the bridge was transparent,” she said, laughing. “That was the biggest part. I was like, ‘OK, don’t look down. Just go straight. Don’t look down.’ ”

Avci, 21, an outside hitter on the Panthers volleyball team, served a veritable ace during her debut pageant season. She took third place in the Miss Turkey contest and finished in the Top 16 in the international Miss Earth competition, catching the eye of a Turkish casting agency.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Mhu3go
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:13 pm

JAN

TEREZA FAJKSOVÁ IN HER BOLDEST CALENDAR SHOOT YET
In a new calendar shoot which shows Tereza Fajksová more than she is willing to show. "I chose the photos for the calendar that I'm comfortable with", she said.

Watch the video below.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 2i70ps1
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:15 pm

JAN

NICOLE FARIA: "IF I AM DESTINED TO BE A STAR, IT'LL HAPPEN"
Dreaming about seeing yourself on celluloid is one thing and realising that dream is a completely different experience. And flashing a big smile is Nicole Faria, who's just realised her Bollywood dream with the recently released Yaariyan.

Miss Earth 2010 was in Ahmedabad recently to promote her film and appeared to be in high spirits. "Bollywood was always on the cards for me and now that it has happened, I am very excited. We have all worked extremely hard for the film," quipped the dusky beauty before settling for a chat with Ahmedabad Times.

Bollywood has seen many beauty pageant winners stepping in front of the camera. So how does she make a place for herself as an actress? "I think every individual is different," she says adding, "Every actor has his/her own way of looking at a role and I don't think any two people can approach a role in a similar way. I am too new to compete with anyone right now. I am just happy that I have got a good launchpad in Hindi movies. The speculations and comparisons can take a back seat for the time being."

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 29xeqdg
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:21 am

JAN

ALEXANDRA BRAUN LANDS HER SECOND LEADING MOVIE ROLE
Miss Earth 2005 Alexandra Braun have four films under her belt. The first two was in a supporting role, her third film "Til Death Do Us Part", catapulted her film career as a lead actress.

In late 2013, Alexandra received a call from a German film company. "...they were very interested in me and made me an offer".

“Sueños de Selva” is the title of the film chronicling the life of German ethnologist Theodor Koch Grunberg, who in 1911 explored the indigenous people of South America called Pemon Indians and study their myths and legends. Alexandra will play his wife in the film.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 00000000000000000000000000000000000000%20a%20Alexandra%20Braun%205
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:59 pm

JAN

TEREZA FAJKSOVÁ AS ANCIENT GODDESS
Tereza Fajksová looked divine in her evening gown channeling her inner Goddess during Brno Opera Ball. Tereza chose an ancient style dress and wore her hair in elegant style.

"I saw this dress over the internet. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it", said Tereza who is accompanied by a friend.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 281eixk
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:28 pm

JAN

SBPA TO DELIBERATE ON MISS SWAZILAND'S INTERNATIONAL PAGEANT PARTICIPATION
A series of meetings will be held this week to deliberate and finalise prospects of Miss Swaziland Samukelisiwe Magagula participating in an international pageant.

The meetings will be convened by the Swaziland Beauty Pageants Association (SBPA) with relevant stakeholders.
SBPA President Tony Dlamini confirmed, adding that as yet it was not conclusive that Magagula would compete in the Miss World pageant as they had taken into consideration two other options from which they will then choose from.

“We have three options to pick from and these are either Miss Earth, Miss Universe or Miss World,” he explained.
He further said that it was definite that she would participate in one of them, adding that during these meetings they would sit down as a council and find a more suitable pageant for the beauty.

“We will look into her profile and also take into account how these international pageants vary. It is worth noting that in previous years, Miss Swaziland was just sent with her luggage to compete for a pageant which had not been researched,” he stated.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Thumbnail.php?file=ENTER_766387700
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 am

JAN

MISS EARTH PUERTO RICO UNDER NEW ORGANIZATION
The coronation of Janelee Chaparro as Miss Grand International last November in Thailand was a blessing for former Miss Earth Puerto Rico, businesswoman and entrepreneur Shanira Blanco.

Blanco announced that her organization acquired a third franchise, Miss Earth, one of the Grand Slam beauty pageants. "It helped a lot to get the franchise because of the potential of our organization in Puerto Rico especially the recent win in Miss Grand International last year. *We approached the Philippine based international pageant to get the license and right now our focus is to get that crown", said Blanco in an interview with Metro.

Blanco who also the national director of Miss World Puerto Rico said she wants the spotlight on her beauty queens than her.

"I want the attention on the girls cause they are the ones that will bring us glory. Janelee did her part. We now have the great task to continue that success in Miss Earth, Miss Grand International and Miss World this year".

The new Miss Earth Puerto Rico and Miss Grand Puerto Rico will be selected from a group of finalists or semifinalists of Miss World Puerto Rico 2014 to be held in the coming months.

Read on
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:21 pm

JAN

WOULD LIKE TO BE KNOWN MORE FOR ACTING THAN FIGURE: NICOLE FARIA
Model-turned actress Nicole Faria, who made her acting debut with recently released Yaariyan, says that she would like to be recognized more for her personality and acting than her hour glass figure.

"I do not believe in fitting into stereotypes. I would like to be recognized for my capability. Looks are a bonus. I feel comfortable with my body and I do not believe I flaunt it. However, yes... I am proud of how I am able to maintain myself," said the 23-year-old winner of Miss Earth 2010 featuring on the 2014 Kingfisher Calendar and a regular on fashion runways.

"I would be happy if I were to be recognized for my acting ability some day," added Nicole.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 23ef0bd2-97b3-44b3-8194-2697f52a4965MediumRes
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:48 pm

FEB

PRACHI MISHRA SIZZLES IN HOT PHOTO SHOOT
She might not have clinched a crown at the Miss Earth 2012 pageant, but she won gold medal for Miss Friendship at Miss Earth 2012.As she is busy with numerous assignments back home, we catch a glimpse of some of this petite beauty queen's hot photoshoots.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 29649745
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm

FEB

BEAUTY QUEEN SANDRA SEIFERT URGES FILIPINOS TO GO VEGETARIAN
As the latest spokesperson for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), beauty queen and model Sandra Seifert urged fellow Pinoys to go vegetarian.

"Killing animals for food is cruel, and it's also killing our planet," Seifert, a runner-up at the 2009 Miss Earth pageant, said in an emailed statement on Monday.

"With so many delicious meat-free foods available these days and so many compelling reasons not to eat meat—to improve your health, to help stop animal suffering, and to fight back against pollution and greenhouse-gas emissions—there's never been a better time to go vegetarian!" the 30-year-old opined.

In 2012, PETA named Seifert the Philippines' sexiest vegetarian celebrity.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 2014_02_03_14_37_00
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 11:02 pm

FEB

MISS GERMANY 2013 CRITICISM TOWARD OPERATED CONTESTANTS
Caroline Noeding, Miss Germany 2013, was irritated at the Miss Earth competition in the Philippines because many contestants were operated on from head to toe. "These cosmetic enhancements are indeed an eye-catching for men, but if you take a closer look, they look like a mouse," Noeding told dpa German Press Agency. The math and Spanish student from Hanover however stressed that she has nothing against cosmetic surgery if someone don't like a certain area of their body.

The Miss Germany 2014 contest will be held on February 8th at Europa-park in Rust. Noeding advise to her successor is to have a diary to keep track her one year reign. "This is a full time job, I was six days a week on the road and hardly home."

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 26094322,24994176,dmFlashTeaserRes,14888A0034915EAA
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:23 pm

FEB

MISS EARTH INDONESIA TO PARTICIPATE IN COLLECTING PLASTIC WASTES
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Wrgu8g
Miss Earth Indonesia 2013 Nita Sofiani and Miss Earth Indonesia Eco Tourism 2013 Yossico Stephanie will participate in the #PlasticTakAsik (#PlasticNotCool) initiative of WWF Indonesia this Sunday, February 23rd at Kawasan Thamrin, Central Jakarta. This campaign aims to reduce the use of plastic in the country.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 218014
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 am

FEB

FOR OLD TIMES SAKE
During the weekend at the theatrical trailer launch of a feature film from Bangalore, Station, model turned actress Nicole Faria shared some friendly moments with guru and fashion choreographer Prasad Bidapa. The duo discussed the film. They also agreed on how the cultural scenario of the city makes them proud. Accompanying Faria was her father Ian Faria who was curious about why the director of the film, Saad Khan ("the good-looker") was only directing, and not acting. Perhaps Bidapa should take matters in his hands.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Code-inn
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 am

FEB

TECH SAVVY
Anumapa Aura Gurung was Miss Nepal Earth 2011. She also bagged the title of Miss Personality in Miss Mongol 2010. For her, the use of technology is inevitable as it starts and ends with the basic means and modes of communication. Gurung spoke to The Himalayan Times Hi-Tech Plus about her choice of gadgets.

Which is your favourite gadget? Why?

My favourite gadget is my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as it is user friendly and comfortable to use.

Which of its features do you like the most?

I like its battery back-up the most. Other features include — capacitive touch screen, dual shot, simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilisation, Android OS, active noise cancellation and dedicated mic and document viewer.

Which is the one gadget on your wish list?

I would like to own an Asus PadFone in the near future.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 102s683
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:15 pm

FEB

MISS EARTH BOLIVIA TO BE IN CARNAVAL DE ORURO
Miss Earth Bolivia 2013, Ma. Renée Carmona, will be part of the grand Oruro Carnival to be held in the city of Oruro near La Paz. Listed by UNESCO as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity, Bolivia’s largest annual celebration is a massive event said to draw in around 400,000 people. The event usually falls 10 days before the first day of Lent or Ash Wednesday.

Carmona also stars in the music video "Morena" by Jachamayku. Currently she is busy with school studying Commercial Engineering and her next appearance as Miss Earth Bolivia will be at the crowning of the next Miss Cochabamba on a date not yet determined.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 537073_gd
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 pm

FEB

HEATING UP THE RUNWAY
Miss Earth-Fire 2013, Catharina Choi, walking the runway during a Miss Korea Org. sponsored fashion show held at Gangnam District in Seoul. The fashion show featured the 2013 Miss Korea winners and the 2014 contestants showcasing clothes, jewelry and the Korean traditional dress, hanbok.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 954805755f2915986c6f568aa3ad13c7
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:08 am

FEB

FAREWELL LETTER
In a couple of months, Djoa Strassburg will hand over her crown to the next Miss Earth Switzerland. The 21 year old beauty from Gockhausen, Zurich already wrote her farewell speech in a letter.

"I was able to travel places, experience so much that I got a glimpse of a world that could not imagine in a dream", writes Strassburg. Among these places she went to is Nepal where she worked with PLAN Nepal and PLAN Switzerland with their charities. "This trip was life changing," continues Strassburg in the letter. Through her "Because I am a Girl Charity Run", she was able to collect 40,000 Swiss Francs for the relief project in Nepal.

Another important journey was at the world finals of Miss Earth 2013 in the Philippines. "During my stay in the Philippines, I was able to know other beautiful and intelligent women from all over the world and that was very impressive," Strassburg writes.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Topelement
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

MAR

SWITCH OFF FOR EARTH HOUR
Switch off your lights and switch on your mind-set to preserve the planet’s resources.

That was the World Wide Fund for Nature SA’s message yesterday, leading up to Earth Hour later this month.

The organisation launched a digital platform at the Johannesburg Zoo, where people from around the world were invited to pledge their commitment to conserving electricity.

WWF SA CEO Morné du Plessis said each time a promise was posted on the “how do you honour the earth” online platform, a virtual planet would be restored.

“The platform allows users to see the promises of other people and organisations and to share them on social media, with the intention of creating a conversation and momentum for the environment,” said Du Plessis.

“It is essential to remember that through our everyday consumer choices and how we spend our money, we are actually voting for the products, services and organisations that strive to live up to an environmental mandate. Let’s make choices that support our planet.”

(Photo) Miss Earth South Africa 2013 Ashanti Mbanga at the Earth Hour press conference, 28 February 2014, at the Johannesburg Zoo.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Earth
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 pm

MAR

MISS EARTH ZIMBABWE WINS AWARD
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 2dbpllj
Reigning Miss Earth Zimbabwe, Samantha Dika, recently received a Women's Philanthropic Award for her outstanding achievements in Green Awareness activities.

The beauty queen, who was honoured by the Zimbabwe Philanthropy Institution, expressed her joy over the success. "I feel greatly honoured,humbled and inspired to do more.

"I wasn't expecting this although I have always wanted to earn an award.

"It is my dream to have great achievements like Kenyan humanitarian Wangari Maathai, who once won a Nobel Peace Prize.

"My greatest desire is to obtain land that I can use to establish my 'fruit tree' farm," she said. The model spoke about some of the programmes she undertook before receiving the honour.

"I did several projects that include tree planting in most Harare Council Primary Schools and Prisons like Hwahwa in Gweru as well as the facilitation of various needs of children in children's homes.

"I had a development program in which I would take institutionalised children to recreational places such as Mukuvisi Woodlands, Luna Park, Greenwood Park and movie houses.

"This is something that is more than a handy donation as it allows them to experience a different side of life and open up their minds."

Dika will join hands with her runner-up, Miss Earth Fire, this week in promoting United Nations theme "Think. Eat. Save" campaign starting today.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Samantha-dika14792
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:10 am

MAR

JESSICA TRISKO IN THE WASHINGTON POST
The Washington Post: The following is a guest post from Jessica Trisko Darden, Miss Earth 2007 and a political scientist at the School of International Service at American University who studies local and international conflict dynamics in Asia.

What the search for Flight MH370 tells us about national security in Asia

Almost two weeks into the search for the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, little is understood about the whereabouts of the plane or its ability to apparently fly unseen for several hours before vanishing altogether. What initially appeared to be an unexpected air disaster has become a window into the limited capacity of the governments in the region to monitor and control their territory. The multinational search effort, now involving 25 countries, has provided significant insight into the international relations of the Asia-Pacific region and illustrated the limited potential for regional cooperation.

Apparently all an aircraft needs to do to avoid detection in this contested region is to stop announcing its presence (note to China: stop investing in stealth). While not quite as shocking as the ability of Mathias Rust to land a plane in Red Square during the Cold War, the disappearance of MH370 has flagged several questions relating to the maritime capabilities and military preparedness of Malaysia and neighboring states. Reports suggest that some of the countries that MH370 may have flown over regularly disable their military radar at night or in the absence of a clear external threat to reduce costs. This is hardly a region on a war footing.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Indonesia202editav1qo8
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm

MAR

NICOLE FARIA OPENS UP ABOUT INDIA'S PERFORMANCE AT INTERNATIONAL PAGEANTS
Nicole Faria has said that the reason why Indian beauties are not making it to the top at international beauty pageants is because winners are not being picked up on merit.

She said that a more deserving contestant loses to a mediocre contestant as the latter is organisers' favourite, FHM India magazine reported.
Faria said that how can such people be sent to international pageants and expected to win, asserting that they are not even trained properly.
She added that the level of competition is completely different at international platforms and a lot of skills are needed to crack them.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Faria_5
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 am

MAR

MISS EARTH-AIR IN LINGERIE FOR A GOOD CAUSE
Seductive look, flowing hair and in sexy underwear, and no its not for a lingerie commercial shoot!

Katia Wagner stands up for climate protection and doing it almost naked. The fashion show is a prelude to next Saturday's Earth Hour from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Katia urges the public to participate in this event.

Read on
NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) 837767_m1w456q75v11887_2603_xx_Unterwsche_MissEarth
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 11:34 am

APR

PUNIKA KUNSUNTORNRAT HEADS OFF TO SOUTH AFRICA
Miss Earth-Water 2013 Punika Kunsuntornrat is preparing to fly to South Africa on April 9th to do a campaign. "I will do an environmental project in South Africa for 10 days about keeping the coasts clean."

If South African press will ask her about the mob in Thailand what will she tell them? "Though the media made it seem not safe, I can assure them that tourists can still visit. Don't let your travel plans be affected by the demonstrations," said Punika cheefully.

Read on
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Last edited by ClubEarthology on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 10:59 am

Last edited by ClubEarthology on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 12:53 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 11:52 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:00 am

Back to top Go down
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)   NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014) Empty

Back to top Go down

NEWS / PHOTOS / VIDEOS / TV - AS SEEN IN (2014)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next