SMA now open to local designer after criticism  AtrkSMA now open to local designer after criticism

PageantologyHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SMA now open to local designer after criticism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CASTBOUND
Correspondent
Correspondent
CASTBOUND

Pageantology Points : 195
Pageantology Reputation : 1

SMA now open to local designer after criticism  Empty
PostSubject: SMA now open to local designer after criticism    SMA now open to local designer after criticism  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Local fashion designers, along with Stella Marquez Araneta, broke their silence on the brouhaha over the national costume of Miss Philippines Mary Jean Lastimosa at the coronation night of the 63rd Miss Universe beauty contest in Doral, Miami, Florida today.

Mrs. Araneta said that she is open to Filipino designers for the creation of national costumes in the future.

“Why not? I’m open to everything,” said Mrs. Araneta to entertainment TV host Ginger Conejero, of TV Patrol Weekend aired over ABS-CBN.

Mrs. Araneta said she sought the help of Colombian designer Alfredo Barraza for Lastimosa’s national costume and evening gown for good designs.

“If I didn’t do it for several years it’s because the designs that were given to us were no good for our candidates, that’s the reason I went abroad,” said Mrs. Araneta.

Aaron dela Cruz, who makes edgy outfits, described the national costume as “elegant.”

“For me, as long as ipapakita natin kung anong meron ‘yung culture ng Pilipinas, maging proud sana tayo. Don’t bash, just be proud,” said Dela Cruz, at the start of the two-day Pilipinas Men’s Fashion Week at the Podium in Ortigas City last Saturday.

MJ Alminanza is hopeful that local fashion designers be given the chance to dress up Filipino beauty queens abroad.

“Kahit libre okay lang because it’s an honor to make outfits for our representatives in pageants abroad,” Alminanza said.

But Alminanza said that the national costume controversy could turn out to be blessing in disguise.

“It’s would be an advantage kasi mapapansin si MJ Lastimosa.

Mapapag-usapan sya at maganda rin naman ang candidate natin. For me, hindi negative ang implications nun, ikagaganda pa nya ‘yun dahil she will be the talk of the town,” Alminanza said.

Nico Agustin suggested that designers abroad should consult local designers for inspiration of the national costume.

“It’s not bad actually, pero sana nag-consult sila sa local fashion designers natin,” Agustin said.

Estien Quijano also said that fashion designers should do research about our national costumes.

“If they got somebody to do the costume, the designer should have researched of what the Filipino national costume is.” he said.

Lastimosa, 27, gave superb performances on swimsuit and evening gown categories during the preliminary competitions last Wednesday. But it was the beauty queen’s national costume that caught the interest of local pageant fans.

Source: Manila Bulletin

SMA now open to local designer after criticism  Bb_pil10
Back to top Go down
andri69
andri69

Pageantology Points : 30
Pageantology Reputation : 0

SMA now open to local designer after criticism  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMA now open to local designer after criticism    SMA now open to local designer after criticism  EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:01 pm

too late madam dont cha dont cha dont cha
Back to top Go down

SMA now open to local designer after criticism
Page 1 of 1