Best answers in history of Miss Universe pageant AtrkBest answers in history of Miss Universe pageant

PageantologyHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best answers in history of Miss Universe pageant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pookie_Wookie
Pookie_Wookie

Pageantology Points : 136
Pageantology Reputation : 4

Best answers in history of Miss Universe pageant Empty
PostSubject: Best answers in history of Miss Universe pageant   Best answers in history of Miss Universe pageant EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Best Answers In History of Miss Universe Pageant
from: http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-answerers-history-miss-universe-pageant.asp

(in no particular order)

1. Gloria Diaz of Philippines - Miss Universe 1969

Question: In the next day or so, a man will land on the moon. If a man from the moon landed in your hometown, what would you do to entertain him?

Gloria's Answer: "Oh, just the same things I do. I think if he has been on the moon for so long, I think when he comes over he wants to change, I guess."

2. Lara Dutta of India - Miss Universe 2000

Question: Right now there is a protest going on right outside here calling the Miss Universe Pageant disrespectful of women. Convince them they are wrong.

Answer: "I think pageants like the Miss Universe pageant gives us young women a platform to foray in the fields that we want to and forge ahead, be it entrepreneurship, be it the armed force, be it politics. It gives us a platform to voice our choices and opinions, and makes us strong, independent that we are today."

3. Sushmita Sen of India - Miss Universe 1994

Question: What is the essence of being a woman?

Answer: "Just being a woman is God�s gift that all of us must appreciate. The origin of a child is a mother, and is a woman. She shows a man what sharing, caring and loving is all about. That is the essence of a woman."

4. Dayana Mendoza of Venezuela - Miss Universe 2008

Question: Which have it easier in life: men or women?

Answer: "God made us to share and have differences, but big differences? � I don�t think so. The difference is that men think, they think that the faster way to go to a point is to go straight, and women know that the faster way to go to a point is go the curves and fix every curls."

5. Brook Mahealani Lee of USA - Miss Universe 1997

Question: If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?

Answer: "I would eat everything in the world. You do not understand. I will eat everything twice."

6. Mpule Kwelagobe of Botswana - Miss Universe 1999

Question: "If miss universe would become pregnant during her reign, could she be allowed to continue as Miss Universe?"

Answer: "Personally I think miss universe is a symbol of a woman in prone to celibacy her femininity. And I believe that... (Applause) Thank you... And I believe that if she got pregnant, you are not supposed to end the title. But, as a woman she should celebrate her femininity. Thank you."

7. Margie Moran of Philippines - Miss Universe 1973

Question: If you had one million dollars what would you do with it?

Answer: "I would buy a big house where I can live with all the people I love."

8. Riyo Mori of Japan - Miss Universe 2007

Question: What is the one lesson you learned as a child that still affects your life today?

Answer: "I have been dancing since I was a child. I grew up among many students and teachers. I learned to always be happy, patient and positive. That is also what I want to teach to the next generation. Thank you."

9. Stefania Fernandez of Venezuela - Miss Universe 2009

Question: In many part of the world obstacle still exists that impede women from achieving their goals in some corporations. What can women do to overcome this?

Answer: "I believe that nowadays we women have overcome many obstacles and I do believe that we have reached the same level as man have. We must realize that there are no longer any barriers amongst us."

10. Janine Tugonon of Philippines - Miss Universe 2012

The accent and deliberation is perfect.
simple, short and direct to the point!

It's really a great issue about the language that they must use during the question and answer portion. Good thing the Philippines, though this country know how to speak english, answer the Q and A with impact.

Very Interesting answers from miss universe.

Do you agree with the list? :wait:
Back to top Go down

Best answers in history of Miss Universe pageant
Page 1 of 1