Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 AtrkPageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013

PageantologyHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Rain
Admin
Admin
Admin Rain

Pageantology Points : 2886
Pageantology Reputation : 18

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013   Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:47 am

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013, Natalia Lermanda

Pageantology: Tell us something about yourself.

Natalia: My name is Natalia Lermanda, I’m 22 years old and I live in Santiago, the capital of my country. I’m studying to become a Speech Therapist, and Im particularly interested in one of the areas of my career which is focused on helping children with disabilities, a subject that I’m passionate about. In my spare time I practice yoga, this keeps me in touch with nature and with myself. I'm a professional model since I was 14 years old, nowadays; this work helps me pay my university studies.

(Soy Natalia Lermanda, tengo 22 años y vivo en Santiago, la capital de mi país. Soy estudiante de Fonoaudiología, una de las áreas de mi carrera está enfocada en ayudar a niños con discapacidades, lo cual es un tema que me gusta y al cual quiero dedicarme. En mis ratos libres practico yoga, el que me hace estar en contacto con la naturalezay mi interior. Soy modelo profesional desde los 14 anos, lo que hoy en día me ha ayudado a pagar mis estudios.)

Pageantology: How do you feel being selected to represent your country in the upcoming Miss Earth 2013 pageant?

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 9908_472391362859486_1411750187_n

Natalia: It is a unique opportunity that I’m personally proud about. Carrying the flag of my country in any contest is a privilege that only few persons can experience through their lifetime. Particularly in one with such a noble cause.

(Es una oportunidad única que personalmente me llena de orgullo. Llevar la bandera de tu país en una competencia es un privilegio que pocos pueden hacerlo. Másaun en unacompetencia con tal noble causa.)

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 1239927_549789245081663_1002300687_n

Pageantology: What are the things that encouraged you to join this pageant?

Natalia: I’m encouraged by the fact that the contest has a cultural purpose, because it’s not only focused on dozens of gorgeous women competing against each other, but those who take part in the event are women concerned with global awareness, something quite necessary today. We have the duty to give a message to our society and our planet.

(Me gusta que la competencia tenga un beneficio cultural, que no solo se enfoque en una competencia de decenas de bellas mujeres, si no que quienes sean parte del certamen sean mujeres con conciencia mundial, algo muy necesario hoy en día. Somos las encargadas de dar un mensaje a nuestra sociedad y a nuestro planeta.)

Pageantology: What are the sacrifices you have made for this pageant?

Natalia: To succeed at anything in life sacrifices are a must. With the team of "NuestraBelleza Chile" we are working together in all of the critical areas. For the physical condition, I go to the gym every day and I’m also under a strict diet, I love food, I enjoy different flavors and cuisines, but I know it is an effort that I must do to achieve my main goal, the crown. Currently I have less time for friends and family, and not even mentioning how hard is to combine such a demanding university degree with such a schedule and  with all the activities related to the competition, but in my heart, I know I have the support of my loved ones and that makes me even stronger to face all of my challenges.

(Para lograr el éxito es necesario realizar sacrificios, junto al equipo de “Nuestra Belleza Chile” estamos trabajando en conjunto en todas las áreas. En cuanto a lo físico, voy al gimnasio todos los días estando bajo una estricta dieta, me encanta la comida, disfruto de sus sabores pero sé que es un esfuerzo que debo hacer para lograr mi objetivo principal, la corona.Actualmente tengo menos tiempo para mis amigos, familia y estudios universitarios, ya que además realizo actividades relacionadas al concurso, pero sé que tengo el apoyo de ellos y eso me hace tener más fuerza para enfrentar todos mis desafíos.)

Pageantology: What relevance do beauty pageants have in today's world?

Natalia: Beauty pageants today have changed. They have always been questioned about the use of the image of women as objects, but nowadays it has changed, today's events encourage the use of beauty as a tool that will an aid to give something back to society, needless to say, Miss Earth has made clear that big difference, since it was born with a strong slogan supporting the cause, which is the defense of the environment.

(Los certámenes de belleza hoy en día han cambiado. Siempre han tenido que enfrentar variados cuestionamientos sobre la utilización de la imagen de la mujer como un objeto pero en tiempos actuales eso ha ido cambiando, hoy los certámenes sirven para utilizar la belleza como un medio de ayuda a la sociedad, por ejemplo el Miss Earth tiene esa gran diferencia, nació con un importante lema unido a esta gran causa que es la defensa del medioambiente.)

Pageantology: What do you say to those who think that beauty pageants only exploit the image of women?

Natalia: I would say to that people to spend some time and investigate what beauty pageants are about nowadays, and they will come to see that things aren’t  what they think, it’s not all about makeup, perfect hair and eternal smiles, most beauty pageants support important causes, and to judge them without knowing what they are about, reveals only ignorance. So it’s not about beauty, it’s about awareness.

(Les diría a las personas que se den el tiempo de averiguar en qué están hoy en día los concursos de belleza, que vean que no todo es lo que ellos piensan, no todo es maquillaje, peinados perfectos y sonrisas eternas, los concursos de belleza en general apoyan importantes causas y juzgarlos sin saber en qué están, demuestra un desconocimiento. Más que una belleza es una conciencia sobre las problemáticas.)

Pageantology: What are the biggest problems facing the world in 21st century? Why?

Natalia: I think one of the biggest problems that currently exist is related to the changes driven by the increase of population and its impact in our planet's ecology, we rely on many resources that we think are to be there forever, but we will run out of there sooner than later, so we must take action to preserve them, and at the same time, make sure we can provide an adequate quality of life to all. Education is an important factor on the pursuit of this goal, and it is the best tool we can use to teach children and the coming generations to bring this awareness into their everyday life.

(Creo que uno de los problemas más grandes que existen actualmente están relacionados a los cambios de población y de ecología, tenemos muchos recursos que creemos inagotables pero estos algún día se acabaran por lo que nosotros debemos tomar medidas para asegurar una vida optimaa nuestros prójimos. La educación es un factor importante en beneficio de nosotros y es la forma en que enseñemos desde pequeños a los niños a tomar medidas y hacerlas comunes en sus vidas.)

Pageantology: What is your philosophy or value that you hold dearest in life?

Natalia: Life is to be lived with freedom and respect, not only to humans, but to cultures, animals, and nature, and everything that surround us. Not because we humans are able to reason means that we are more important, because without the richness of earth we wouldn’t be able to live on it.

(La vida se debe vivir con libertad y respeto, no solo a los seres humanos, si no también a las culturas, a los animales, a la naturaleza, a todo lo que nos rodea. No por tener la posibilidad de razonar significa que somos más importantes, ya que sin los beneficios de la tierra tampoco podríamos vivir en ella.)

Pageantology: How would you like to be remembered?

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 Miss-Earth-Chile-2013-Natalia-Lermanda

Natalia: I love to be remembered as someone who lived her life in freedom and harmony; because to have lived that way makes a better world for everyone around us. If everything goes as expected, I would like to be remembered as Miss Earth 2013! I'm working hard for it. I would also want to be remembered as a good professional to my patients and mother to my future children.

(Me encantaría ser recordada como alguien que vivió su vida con libertad y armonía, vivir de esa forma ayuda a quienes nos rodean. Si todo el trabajo resulta como esperamos, me gustaría ser recordada como Miss Earth 2013! estoy trabajando duro para ello pero también me gustaría ser recordada como una buena profesional y una buena madre para mis futuros hijos.)

Pageantology: A closing message to the people of the Earth.

Natalia: Just tell them that if I wanted to participate in this beauty pageant it’s because it constitutes a significant role, and one that involves all members of our society. With small contributions we can stop the damage that our earth is currently experiencing.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all the support people has given me, I have received messages from all over the world and it truly fills me with strength to face this great challenge, thank you very much.

(Simplemente decirles que si quise participar en este concurso de belleza es porque realmente tiene unatremenda labor que involucra a todos los integrantes de nuestra sociedad. Nosotros con pequeños aportes podemos detener todo el daño que nuestra tierra está sufriendo actualmente.)

Quiero aprovechar esta oportunidad de agradecer  todo el apoyo que me han brindado, he recibido mensajes de todas partes del mundo y eso me llena de fuerzas para este gran desafío, muchas gracias.)

Last edited by Rainne on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pageantology.net
ClubEarthology
Correspondent
Correspondent

Pageantology Points : 1250
Pageantology Reputation : 0

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013   Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Bravo! CHILE!
Back to top Go down

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth Chile 2013
Page 1 of 1